Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Fabrics, and unkept Resolutions

I've not been very good at keeping my resolution to finish my Works In Progress and refrain from starting new projects, but I'm really going to buckle down and try harder in the next few weeks. I really want to finish a few things so I can stop worrying about all of it. Right now I am more than a little overwhelmed with everything that I have on my plate and definitely need to cross a few things off my list before I tackle a few of the other projects I had in mind.

But I ordered more fabric. And it came yesterday. And I am in love. I bought some Eat Your Fruits and Veggies by Pat Sloan for Moda, and I am thinking it will make a great table runner for my kitchen, light and summery. And I ordered some of the storybook print from Windham, and some retro Michael Miller fabrics. I LOVE the cowboys, and wish I had ordered more.

 
 
Today my boyfriend and I did some running around (it was such a beautiful day!) and we stopped into a local hobby shop to look at some die cast cars and things for him. I was wandering around and lo and behold they had fabric! Not a lot mind you, but they did carry some designer fabric. There was some Hello Pilgrim by Lizzy House and one color of Pearl Bracelets, and then I found some end of the bolt fabrics and got some True Vintage by Robyn Pandolph and some Everything But The Kitchen Sink by RJR Fabrics. I got a yard and half of each for under $9 total!! And buying some more thirties prints made me think about my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I was saying to myself this morning that I only needed two more flowers, and then I decided to make it bigger so I could add some of my new fabric. And that is what I have been working on this evening. I still only need about 9 more flowers, I decided to make each row one flower longer. Soon I will be ready to put it all together.



 
 
What have you been working on lately? I am hoping to make some progress and post pictures of FINISHED projects soon!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment