My wonderful boyfriend bought me a Kindle for Christmas and I set out to make a cover for it so I could take it with me and not be afraid of breaking or scratching it. I started with 2 fat quarters of coordinating fabric, one for the outside and one for the lining and backing. And measured it so they were three times the width of my Kindle (the outside a little larger to overlap the edges while I quilted), and cut them out along with the batting.
I traced the outside of my Kindle onto a piece of fusible interfacing and an extra piece of the lining fabric, making sure the lining fabric had a 1/4 inch seam allowance all the way around the edges. I fused the interfacing onto the back of the lining fabric and then ironed down the seam allowance to give it a finished edge, and did a quick stitch around it to hold it down and attach the pieces of elastic at the corners to hold the Kindle in place.
I quilted straight lines along where the cover would fold and then attached the binding, which was just a purchased double fold binding. Then I attached pieces of velcro to the outside flaps to hold it closed, and done!
|The inside, finished product.|
Here is what the outside looks when it is folded and closed
|The inside, you can see the pieces of velcro from this view|
|Here it is open with the Kindle inside.|