Wednesday, February 13, 2013

An Impromptu New Bag


My boyfriend and I have the possibility of a trip coming soon, and to match my Weekender bag I decided I needed a new purse, I've been needing one for a while because my current one developed a hole in the lining and even though I could have sewed the hole shut I decided I wanted to just sew a whole new bag. I decided to make a tote bag to match my Weekender. Its a little bigger than a normal purse, perfect for carrying around extra things like cameras and purchases while walking around being tourists. Here is what I came up with:


I'm basically in love. I added a few other fabrics that coordinated with the Chicopee and Hope Valley prints I used in my Weekender. I even added piping around the outside pocket to match too! Its just a basic tote bag with boxed bottom corners, but I quilted the panels onto canvas just like I did my Weekender to give it some strength and structure. I absolutely love how it came out, and I finished it all in a day!




1 comment:

  1. I love it. Cool colors, I like the straight line quilting

    ReplyDelete