Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentine's Day and Charlotte trip

I took a few days off work last week and my boyfriend and I went to Charlotte, NC for a couple days. We have a wonderful time and I thought I'd share a few of the pictures with you. These are just a few highlights of our trip. My boyfriend LOVES racing. To the point that it worries me sometimes, so we decided to go to Charlotte and go to the Hall of Fame and some of the raceshops.
We only went to two of the race shops, Earnhardt Chip Ganassi Racing was the first one. (This car is my favorite driver's, Jamie McMurray) These are the cars he won the 2010 Daytona 500 and 2010 Brickyard 400 in.

We also visited Roush Fenway racing (Yes Fenway as in Fenway park, the gift shop even had some Boston Red Sox things)

We also visited the Charlotte Motor Speedway, we didn't take the tour because we didn't have time but it was HUGE!


And of COURSE I found a quilt shop and snagged some goodies!

Some Bonnie and Camille. the yardage is for the wallhanging I have been working on for my sewing room. The fat quarters I think will be matching totes bags like mine from the previous post, for my sister and I.
 
And some amazing Shore Thing by Michael Miller. I was so excited to fine the madras plaid print! I think these will make their way into a beach bag.


The day we spent in Charlotte sightseeing was in the 60s and sunny, we came home to this ^^^

Later this week I have an actual quilt to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment