Saturday, February 2, 2013

Butterscotch Cake

I got this idea from Pinterest. I saw a beautiful quilt made entirely of large squares. The quilting alternated horizontal and vertical lines from one square to the next. I loved that it let the fabrics shine through but the quilting was definitely interesting and I knew right away I wanted to do one for myself. And what easier way than with a Layer Cake? And since I love anything Fig Tree Quilts I snagged a Layer Cake of Butterscotch and Roses and thus Butterscotch Cake was born. (See what I did there?) I'm almost halfway through with the quilting. I have to admit that straight line quilting is not my favorite. I much prefer FMQ but I knew that the straight line quilting was what MADE this quilt. I'm hoping to have it completely finished by next week. Here are some snapshots of the progress so far.





 
 
I hope I'm not the only one addicted to Pinterest. (I'm sure I'm not)
 
 
Oh, and my one year blogging anniversary came and went and I didn't even notice. A few months ago I had considered doing a giveaway for it if I had enough followers, which I obviously don't. Maybe if I get 50 followers I will do a giveaway. Or maybe, someday,  I will do one regardless just because I want to ;)
 
 
Right now I really, really want some Posy by Aneela Hoey. After I got the jelly roll of Cherry Christmas I have just been in love with her fabric and Posy is just about the absolute perfect little girl fabric. There are several things I want to make with it, but I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more new fabric unless it was to finish an already started project. I tried to win some but didn't, so what is a girl to do??

No comments:

Post a Comment