Saturday, September 22, 2012

Farmer's Wife (Saturday)

I might as well just start doing my Farmer's Wife posts on Saturdays anyway. Fridays are just too full of everything for me to have the time to do them then, and I am not good enough about posting to schedule it in advance. We'll see how next week goes. This week has ended on a slightly sour note. I have caught a monstrous cold. Thanks to some Mucinex I am trying desperately to kick it, but as busy as this week has been, with overtime at work, some babysitting, and various other things I have had no time at all to sew, luckily, I had finished several (more than several) Farmer's Wife blocks in the last couple weeks, so I am actually going to stagger this post into 2!
 
(Forgive me in advance, I've forgotten some of the names of the blocks!)

Economy (I like this one, some of the blocks, I'm not as happy with)

Broken Sugar Bowl (This one is growing on me)

Cups and Saucer (This one is probably being ripped apart and done again, the points don't match, and I am not at all happy with it, but this just goes to show that sometimes a block doesn't turn out perfect the first time)

Contrary Wife (This is another one that I like and was super easy to sew up!)

Cat and Mouse or Cats and Mice or something. Not as happy with this one either, but I think once its squared up it will look better

I can't remember the name of this one exactly, I want to say Star of Progress, or something like that, but I'm not positive. I thought it would be a lot harder than what it was, and it has turned out really well, it needs squared up and I lost the point of one of the pieces, but I'm happy with it

Buckwheat (One of my absolute favorites, and not to difficult)

Checkerboard (It came out slightly lopsided, but that can be corrected some when I square it up as long as I don't lose any of my points)

Wrench (I think, there are 2 blocks in the book that are the same, but the value and color placement is different)

I want to say this one is actually just called Block but I've left my Farmer's Wife book on my sewing desk and I am now with it at this time, as I have no Internet access at my house.
 
I have several other projects I'm working on, so hopefully during the week I will be able to get some updates of everything else I am working on lately. Of course, as most quilters will tell you, I am horribly behind on everything I want to get done. My wish list of projects just keeps getting longer and things don't get checked off my list as "done" as quickly as I would like them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment