Thursday, November 29, 2012

List of Things To Do

I am swamped. Literally. I have so many things on my plate it is hard to keep track of it all. So here is the list of things I am trying to accomplish in the next several weeks, and most of them before Christmas.

1. Nativity scene for my sister (This must be completed before Christmas, seeing as how I didn't get her fall tablerunner done before Thanksgiving.)
2. Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for a friend's mother (Also due before Christmas)
3. Quilt the Fellowship table runner (Before Christmas)
4. Finish the baby quilt I am working (Before baby arrives!)
5. My scarf (While it is still scarf weather)
6. Weekender Bag (Whenever I get done with everything else I am making)
7. Layer Cake throw quilt (I still need to buy backing and everything for this quilt, the top is just waiting around for me to get to it.)

This are just the things on a deadline. There are about a dozen more things I WANT to do, and most of them are waiting until after the holidays. I am so stressed right now I can't put it into words.

My better half is having more medical issues, and it breaks my heart for him. We have hit a brick wall where options are concerned, and I am sick to my stomach over it all. Not to mention the stress of working full time at a job that is stressful in itself. At least at the start of the year I will have more vacation time available and can get a little bit of a break. We had almost a full month with no ER visits, but that ended Sunday night. I had started to think that we had beat this issue, an early Christmas present for us both, but it wasn't to be so. If you are the praying type, please keep us in your prayers, we certainly need it.

We haven't even had the chance to do some housecleaning and put up our Christmas decorations yet. It doesn't even feel like the holidays to me really. With my mother gone the holidays really just kind of seem like any other time of year anymore. I've been in a funk the past couple weeks, and even sewing has become a chore for me. I'm hoping that as Christmas gets closer I will snap out of this little phase and get more in the Christmas spirit. I will say that my Fruitcake quilt is a nice cheerful reminder sitting on our couch now that it is finished. And knitting is very soothing. Its nice and repetitive and once I get in the rhythm I can go for hours. It helps soothe my soul.

I certainly didn't mean for this post to be so depressing, but once I started thinking about all of the things I need to do, and most certainly don't have time to complete I slipped back into my funk! Thanks so much for indulging me.

So I will leave you with a few snap shots of Fruitcake to help me get in the Christmas spirit!






No comments:

Post a Comment