Monday, April 15, 2013

A Late Birthday Present (To Myself)

I read Katy Jones' blog I'm A Ginger Monkey voraciously. And I love how she uses Anna Maria Horner fabrics. I love pretty much everything she does. Seeing all the wonderful projects she has completed with Field Study has sparked me to take a leap of faith. I have been admiring these fabrics for a while now, and decided to go with it. I am still not sure what pattern I want to use, but here are the fabrics I decided on. I also added in some Kaffe Fassett fabrics to round out some of the colors. I think they work well with the AMH.
 



I also bought some delicious text prints, because I just couldn't resist.

(From left to right: Timeless Treasures Library Script Cream, Riley Blake Polka Dot Stitches Words Grey, Timeless Treasures Sewing and Knitting Motifs White)

I've been debating back and forth which pattern I want to use, I thought at first using the X Plus Quilt Along tutorial, or the Anna Maria Horner Spinning Stars Free Pattern, and then I thought of drawing one up myself. I thought of using the same pattern I used for my Halloween Strippy quilt, but making it bigger and using wider strips to show off the fabrics, but then I remembered how much I hated cutting all those strips. So I am still undecided. But I have enough other projects to keep me busy for a while anyway. I have plenty of time to think about it.

What pattern would you use???

No comments:

Post a Comment