Thursday, April 4, 2013

Chugging Along

I've been working hard at the half dozen works in progress I have going on right now. The one I am most excited about it my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt. I have all 68 flowers and am finally in the process of putting it all together. It's definitely tedious work though, but I am making good progress with it, and I'm already in love.


 
 
 
Here is my inspiration for this quilt, this is the Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that my Great Grandmother on my mother's side made about 60 years ago. This is what made me act like a crazy woman and attempt this quilt, all by hand. This quilt is in pretty good shape for its age. There are a few places that are worn. There are a mixture of fabric types in this quilt, and you can tell it was made from what they had on hand. Some pieces of corduroy, some wovens (I'm sure they were my great grandfather's old shirts) some lightweight denim, some old sheets and plenty of flour sack prints.
 


And I finally got my Happy Go Lucky wall hanging quilted and bound. I can't wait to wash it so it wrinkles up. I love a freshly washed quilt!


And here is my biggest step this past week, my Flower Girl quilt top is finished. I have been working on this quilt top on and off for months. I am so glad to have the top done and ready for quilting. I have to order the backing and figure out a binding, and how in the world I am going to quilt this. I still haven't purchased a new machine so this is going to be quilted on my little machine, and I am NOT looking forward to doing that.




I am hoping to get some bags crossed off my list next. There are a few bags I am making for other people that I need to get done, and my beach bag as well. Then hopefully I will get a chance to baste and quilt my Sidebraid quilt as it has been sitting around waiting for attention patiently for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment