Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My computer still isn't fixed. Hopefully this week it will be working again.

In the meantime I want to share a little about myself.

I know there are quilters today that don't have the luxury of owning heirloom quilts. Quilters who didn't have a long line of quilters in their family. I'm not one of them. My great grandmother made quilts, both my grandmothers. I'm lucky to have some of these quilts. And most importantly my mother made quilts.

Unfortunately I never shared this love with my mother when she was alive. I didn't learn to quilt until after she had passed away. While she was alive I couldn't sew anything besides a button, and I had no desire to learn. I wish I had. There are lots of things I wish for now that she isn't here. I hope she is proud of me, and this love of quilting I have found.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom in Heaven and to all of the wonderful mother's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment