I added some more projects to my ever growing list of WIPs. Also my computer has crashed and won't boot. So I'm posting this from my iPhone. Hopefully I will be able to figure out the problem with my computer (or find someone who can).
I joined the bandwagon and started making a couple St Louis 16 Patch blocks. I made mine with 3.5" strips though, so each square finishes 3" and blocks are 12.5" unfinished. I've put those on hold for now to finish up a few other things, but they come together really quickly and I'm sure I can have the top done in a few hours once I sit down and devote the time to it.
I also started cutting into my AMH and Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I honestly can't remember where I saw those blocks or what they are called. I want to say Starburst but I've been searching and can't find it. I remember the sewing the quilt on someone's blog and then again on Pinterest and I sketched it out, making a mental note to find the pattern but to no avail. So I drew up my own pattern. I think my blocks may be larger than the original quilt I saw. They will finish at 20". I wanted big blocks to show off the fabrics.
I also spent some time adding to my Scrappy Trip Along quilt. I need several more blocks to make it big enough but I am loving how it has turned out so far.
And of course my Grandmother's Flower Garden. I am starting to think it will always be considered a WIP. I decided this week that it isn't going to be big enough the way I had originally planned it, and I've decided to add 2 more rows and add one flower to each row. So now I'm back to making flowers. I ordered some new fabric this week just for the extra flowers to make it even scrappier. I will have 94 flowers, that is 658 hexagons for the flowers alone. This quilt is going to end up with around 1000 pieces!!!!! Whew. I'm insane.