Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Dresden Plate Tabletopper

I actually sewed some this week. I had picked up some new Christmas fabric and was itching to get in the Christmas spirit. We have been running a bit behind here on our decorating and I felt the need to do something. and I love LOVE Dresden plates, so I decided I needed to put the two together. I had some cute white on white dots in my stash that reminded me of snow and made the perfect background! I went with "vintage" looking fabrics from my Dresden blades.

                      

I like the look of Dresden's when the center is the same color as the background fabric, that is just a personal preference. I am extremely happy with the way this came out. I machine stitched the blades down instead of hand appliqueing. Hand applique is just not something I have ever been able to get the hang of, I know I just need more practice, but this wasn't the time for it!


                     

I also bought some new fabrics during a nice Black Friday sale from the Fat Quarter Shop. I LOVE Pam Kitty fabrics, Unfortunately they seem to be sold out of her Designer Bundle that I purchased, and a lot of her fabrics, after the big sale. I'm not quite sure what I want to make with these yet, so they are going in the stash.

                                 

Did you get any Black Friday deals???

No comments:

Post a Comment