Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Learning to Knit in 2013

I technically learned to knit in 2012, but even though I learned the 'motions' and the stitches, I didn't really comprehend how a pattern was written, or how it all came together, or how it worked. I learned that this year. I had a pretty good year as far as knitting goes, I feel like I've learned a lot. I finished 2 pairs of socks and several shawls, while learning to knit lace and learning how things are shaped. There are lots of things I want to learn next year, like how to do colorwork so I can do mittens and socks with patterns, and a Color Affection shawl. I know a lot of people who have made goals to make a pair of socks each month, and while I would love to do that, I am going to be realistic though, and make a goal of 6 pairs of socks for 2014. One every other month. I have already started my first pair. This works with the Plucky Classics club too, I will be getting a new skein of Plucky Feet every other month, and if am able to make more than 6 pairs, then that is great! 

These are the Lace and Cable socks from Socks From The Toe Up by Wendy Johnson, just minus the cables on the side. Cables are another thing I would like to learn in 2014. 

                              

Here is a collage of some of my knitting projects this year. I think my favorite pattern was the Holden Shawl, I knit it twice and loved it both times! 


I am hoping for lots of awesome knitting and quilting projects to share here next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment