Thursday, January 16, 2014

Progress

My main goal this year was to really work on my WIP pile from last year. I really wanted to finish up my UFO before starting to work on anything new. My first goal was to quilt my St Louis 16 Patch quilt. The top has been  done for months and just sitting in a corner folded up. I found a great backing fabric at Joann Fabrics that was just right, and happened to have the perfect yellow binding fabrics in my stash. I had picked up a few fabrics to audition for the binding, you can see them with it below, and was leaning toward the gray dot (that I love!) but my dad told me he thought yellow would be great, and he was right! I just happened to have just the right yellow.

                         

                       
The weather here has been horrible for the last couple days, and I haven't had a chance to take a decent picture, but here is the quilt before I put the binding on. I quilted it with an all over stipple. I had originally wanted to do orange peel quilting, but couldn't get it to look right no matter what I did, I think I just need some practice on a smaller project first.

                              

My next goal is to finish the Log Cabin Barn Panel quilt. The top is basically done, but just needs an outer border, then I just have to finish setting my Farmer's Wife quilt blocks and finish my Modern Maples quilt. I hope I am able to finish things ups soon because I have a lot of new things I can't wait to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment