Sunday, August 19, 2012

Purple quilt

I had another finish a week ago and didn't get around to posting any pictures. My cousin wanted a quilt for her daughter, and her only request was that it be purple. So here is the Purple Quilt.
(My wonderful boyfriend took this photo by the way)


I also got my Farmer's Wife book yesterday, and ordered the fabric for it today. I found a good deal on a fat quarter bundle of Breakfast at Tiffany's by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda. I think it is going to be perfect for the Farmer's Wife blocks.


I'm so excited for the cooler weather that we've been having. Fall is probably one of my favorite times of the year. I love the holidays, form Halloween all the way through New Year's. My boyfriend and I had the conversation about it last week, he is less than thrilled, he is a heat lover. He loves summer, the hot hot days of summer. But he doesn't get horrible sunburns like I do. If he did he would prefer fall like me. Plus, fall means quilt weather! Well, it feels more like quilt weather to me anyway. Once I start feeling that little chill in the air I can't wait to cuddle up on the couch with some tea or hot coca and wrap up in a quilt and watch movies or read a book, or do some handpiecing! Plus, I don't feel bad sitting inside all day sewing. In the summer I feel guilty to sit at my machine and sew when its hot and beautiful outside.

I've been working on a quilt for another family member, a pretty pink and purple flower basket pattern. I'll post pictures of it when it is finished and gifted, don't want to spoil the surprise. Hopefully I'll have the top pieced before the end of the week. Its hard to find the time to work on all of these projects right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment