Saturday, January 12, 2013

First Finished Quilt Top of the Year

I finished my Sidebraid quilt top this week too. It was an easy pattern I got here. All just squares and rectangles, a great quilt for a beginner. I did the Large Braid, mainly because it was easier and I wanted a quick finish, and a pattern that showed off the beautiful Art Gallery fabrics I used.

This was my first time using AG Fabrics and I love them! They really are more like a voile or a cotton lawn that a regular quilting cotton, but piece together just like a regular cotton. I used a variety of prints by Pat Bravo and Bari J from several different fabric lines and paired them with Kona Sky for the background. I'm in the process of picking out backing and binding fabric and deciding how I want to quilt it. I am thinking stright lines that follow the stair step like pattern of the blocks, but the lazy side of me just wants to stipple it!

The weather here has been rainy and dreary and this quilt was too big for me to get a good picture inside. Hopefully this weekend it will dry out enough for me to get some good pictures outside of several different projects I've been working on!



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, you won over at Camille's blog! Enjoy some lovely fabric!

    ReplyDelete