Monday, January 14, 2013

Scrappy Trip Along Bandwagon

If you're on Instagram or Flickr you have probably seen the hash tag for the Scrappy Trip Along. I had (and still have) a hundred things going on, and had avoided getting sucked in but yesterday I decided to give it a shot. It's a pretty easy process you can find here

I cut out strips yesterday and made 4 blocks to see how it went together and I'm pretty happy with them. So far I have used leftovers from my Sidebraid quilt top, some Nicey Jane scraps, some Denyse Schmidt fabrics leftover from a couple previous projects, and some toher various things like Thirties prints from my Flower Garden quilt. I plan on working on it some more tomorrow and cutting into some of my leftover Chicopee and going through the rest of my scrap bin. Since I've only been quilting for a year I don't have a wife variety of stash or scraps, but I am determined not to buy any new fabrics for this quilt top. It has made me realize that I have a LOT of aqua, pink and purple scraps.Anyone else jumping on the bandwagon?

 
 
And its STILL rainy here (Actually sleet!), so it may be next weekend before I am able to get good pictures of all the projects I've been working on. But for now it will have to be iPhone pictures again.
 
Edited to add- I WON, I actually won a giveaway! How exciting is that? I won some Happy Go Lucky over at Camille's blog. I have been drooling over this fabric since I first saw it, and I am so Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment