Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sidebraid Quilt

This quilt top was done around Christmas time (I think) and it set on my shelf for months. Sometimes I am so excited when I start a quilt, but by the time I finish the top I am excited about something else, and sometimes I don't even get the top done before I move on to something else. I have a problem. I call it Quilter's ADD. But I have been making a conscious effort to actually finish projects the last few months and this one was on the top of the list. I finished it several weeks ago (maybe more than a month even) and just now got around to taking pictures of it. My wonderful, amazing boyfriend (who is usually into Manly things) helped me tote my quilts around and helped lay them out and pack them up several times. He is so patient with me and all this quilt craziness :)

I used mostly Art Gallery fabrics, with some Kona solids and finished it with gray straight line quilting. I used different collections of AGF by Pat Bravo and Bari J. The background is Kona Sky, the backing is Kona Cerise and the binding is from Bespoken by Pat Bravo. The quilt finishes about 60 by 78

We took a few different shots at a park nearby today and the colors just seem to POP in the sunshine. Its such a bright happy quilt.

I just love the binding. It may be my favorite part of the quilt, and AG fabrics wash up so soft.



The colors of these flowers matched the quilt so well! There wasn't a good place to lay the quilt out here, but I couldn't resist trying, and I think it came out okay and you can see a bit of the backing fabric peeking through. The cerise is such a strong Purple with a little red or pink in it.



It was HOT today. After we left the park we went over to the state capitol complex, which is where I got the picture above, and in downtown Charleston it was suffocating, so we didn't get very many pictures there. I took pics of two other quilts today too and will post about those later this week.

Hope everyone in the east is staying cool today!

No comments:

Post a Comment