Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Quilt and Matching Super Tote

I made the quilt before I made the Super Tote. The top was done, and I was just waiting on the backing fabric when I finished my Super Tote, and finished the quilt shortly after that. I loved the fabrics in the quilt so much I made a matching bag. Is that crazy? Maybe just a little? I don't think so. I love them both.

For the background of the starburst blocks I used low volume black and white fabrics, mostly text fabrics and then various Anna Maria Horner fabrics, mostly from the Field Study line, some Lou Lou Thi and also some Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

 The leopard prints are my favorite, which is why I used the blue leopard print for the binding. I've been sleeping with this quilt every day since its been done. I love it. It's my favorite quilt so far.


 And the bag is amazing. I love the patchwork and the yarn dyed linen. I think the Period print from Comma by Zen Chic may be my favorite basic print ever. I used it for the piping. The other side of the straps I used leopard (imagine that). I know I've posted a few pictures of this bag before, but they were phone pictures, and I figured while I was taking quilt pictures I'd get a quick snap

No comments:

Post a Comment