Thursday, June 28, 2012

Start to Finish in a Weekend

I started cutting one of the baby quilts last Friday evening after work, I finished hand sewing the binding on the back Monday evening (while sitting, once again, in a hospital room). Yay for finished quilt, boo at hospital again. We are hoping (but it is getting hard at this point) that the doctors will be able to actually fix the problems so that we can both get back to a normal life of doing fun things together and enjoying being a couple, and eventually make plans to get married. It is hard to imagine planning a wedding with the fear of him having to go to the hospital at any given moment.

But back to the quilting, I love this quilt. Absolutely adore it. The machine quilting is getting easier, I am learning more and more every day. Only 1 pucker in the whole back of this quilt. Still perfecting the bobbin tension and getting my speed more consistent. All in all I love quilting on the machine now. It is also much easier with a small quilt. I can't express how much I love the salmon Kona Solid in this, and the back. Oh the back! A Denyse Schmidt dot via my local Joann Store. I am smitten.

I started quilting my surprise quilt last night. I will post pictures when I am back to my regular computer. Its hard to balance work, quilting and hospital visits, nevermind blogging and taking pictures of quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment