Saturday, June 2, 2012

Watermelon Picnic Quilt

The first quilt I've made using my new machine. I'm almost ready to start quilting, and I'm nervous. I've never quilted on a machine before! I was a little shaky doing the applique stitch around the "seeds" but got better each time, after a little trial and error I've figured out how to maneuver the quilt top to make it easier. However, the prospect of actually quilting on it is still daunting. I'm sure it will get easier as I go, I may just attempt stippling or straight line quilting on this one for now until I am more practiced at it. This was what I spent my morning doing :)


Mmmm coffee, a sewing machine and morning sunshine. The pink fabric here is what I am using for the binding, and that delectable green stripe will be the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment