Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Goals for 2013

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! I sure have been busy the past couple weeks, and as much as I love Christmas and the holidays I am glad the largest part of it is over! I need a break from my break!

I have so many WIPs going on right now its overwhelming. I am trying to make lists of what I need to do, and what I want to do, especially next year.

Here is the list of current WIP:
1) Weekender bag- I still have to finish quilting the top panels and cut out the lining fabric and start putting the bag together. I made the piping last week.
2) Snowman quilt- I am still chugging away at the embroidery on these panels. Its going to take a while to get this completely done, but I am determined to finish it before next winter, lol
3) Scrappy Log Cabin- I started yet another project earlier this week. I had purchased some barn panels at the same time as the snowman panels, and although I am not doing any embroidery on these I started cutting fat quarters and sewing blocks on Christmas. I needed another project like I need a hole in the head!
4) Butterscotch Cake throw- This top is finished, and has been for months. It is waiting patiently for backing and quilting to commence.
5) Flower Garden quilt- I still need to buy some more hexagon templates to finish making the flowers and decide on the background fabric. I am not sure if I want to use Kona Snow or a Thirties colored solid. And since this is all being done by hand it may not even be a 2013 finish!
6) Farmer's Wife quilt- This may possibly be a perpetual work in progress. I'm not sure it will EVER be finished. I had intended on making all 111 blocks but now I am rethinking that...

Here is a list of things I WANT to do in 2013:
1) Sidebraid quilt- I ordered fabric for this before Christmas and just ordered the solid yesterday. It should be here next week. I am using this pattern.
2) Merry Go Round Quilt- I have been stacking up fabrics for this quilt for MONTHS. I have the template and the fabric for the top, but I just couldn't bring myself to start cutting all those 2 1/2 inch strips.
3) I Spy quilt- I have also had the fabric for this for several months. I am planning on using ABC 123 from American Jane and the soft book pages as the I Spy parts
4) Swoon quilt- I started quilting a little late to really be on the bandwagon for all the awesome quilts, but this is definitely on the list of quilts I want to accomplish this year
5) Picnic quilt pattern- I have yet to make a jelly roll quilt. I bought Scrapbasket Sensations as one of my first quilting books and I just ordered a jelly roll of Cherry Christmas by Aneela Hoey during Fat Quartershop's Year End Sale to make the cover quilt from this book. You can buy the book HERE and Fat Quartershop still has some Cherry Christmas jelly rolls on sale HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment