Monday, May 28, 2012

Long Weekend Not Long Enough

 I have been very busy with my 3 days off. Unfortunately some of this time was spent back in the hospital with my boyfriend. Keep him in your prayers please! While he has spent the weekend in the hospital (I feel horrible for him because he had been looking forward to grilling and spending time on our porch and he was stuck in the hospital miserable, while it was 90 degrees outside all weekend I spent the weekend at my father's house and some qulaity time with my new sewing machine! I managed to get a new quilt top almost compeltely finished, and here is a peek of it.
I found it on Pinterest, at least one that was similar. I adapted it to my needs because I wanted to make apicnic quilt with the pattern, and although I don't know what size the strips were for the log cabin blocks I believe they were smaller than my 2.5 inch strips. I had hoped to find a jelly roll or 2 that would suffice as I hate cutting 2.5 inch strips but I couldn't. So I spent last week cutting various green and pink fat quarters into strips. I'm happy with how it has turned out so far. I still have to applique the seeds onto the pink parts of the log cabin blocks and I also have to sew all my rows together. (I just laid them out to see how it was going to look and snap a picture) I also managed to get a throw pillow sewn a week ago to match my bed quilt. That one I did by hand though. My next project to tackle are the several Raggedy Annie dolls I have had people request. I'm also finishing the quilting on my table runner as well. That is also going to be finished by hand. I don't have much left to do on that, but I am really thinking I want to do scalloped borders, which is something I haven't done yet. So that will be another adventure all in itself.

To sum it all up the long weekend wasn't nearly long enough. I need a few extra days before I have to force myself to go back to work tomorrow when I'd rather be sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment